Fencor Tournament Health Guidelines
(You will notice changes we have made based on guidance from the Centers for Disease Control and the Pennsylvania Department of Health)
- Everyone entering the gym will be Temperature checked and given a spray of hand sanitizer. Anyone showing a high temperature will be retested and if still high will be asked to leave.
- Per state regulations, all non-basketball attendees (spectators) should wear a mask, unless having a medical condition that prevents it, while inside the gym. If they forget to bring one will have reusable cloth ones at the check in area for $5 each.
- Social distancing seating will be monitored for non-family members.
- As of 8/01, each team can have a maximum of 13 spectators at each game. (not counting small children who can sit on adult’s lap)
Basketball team specific guidelines
- Activities that increase the risk of exposure to saliva must not be allowed including chewing gum, spitting, licking fingers, and eating sunflower seeds.
- Avoid shaking hands, fist bumps, or high fives before, during or after games. Limit unnecessary physical contact with teammates, other athletes, coaches, officials, and spectators.
- There will be no handshaking with the other team after the game.
- Team water coolers for sharing through disposable cups are not allowed. Fixed water fountains should not be used if can be avoided.
- Teams should bring their own basketballs for use.
- To limit outsiders, each team should prepare someone to do the book or clock.
- Coaches should use hand sanitizer provided on the bench after every game for team.
- If a team does not have the next game, once their game is over, coaches and players should leave the inside of gym until 15 minutes before next game time.